One of my four cats doesn't like my dad and my eldest sister's boyfriend

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/monster0sinful
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/monster0sinful

The one cat I'm referring to is the light grey/white tabby cat named Silver. He was once a stray kitten when we took him in back in 2020 (four years ago) on July 4th of that year. My mom and eldest sister were made aware of him because he was meowing non stop outside wandering around to see if someone will feed him around 7 AM, that's when they intervened, he's now part of the family ever since that day.

My dad didn't pay that much attention to him and he still doesn't to this day, he just tolerates him. I know that Silver dislikes him, he expresses that by hissing at him every time my dad passes by him way too close then runs off to go hide in my eldest sister's room afterwards, he has done that a few times. I did asked my dad if he did anything to him and he said no. I'm surprised Silver hasn't even attacked him, not that I know of. I can't remember the first time he hissed at my dad if you're wondering.

When either my eldest sister or I are in the kitchen and my dad is in there with us, Silver won't go in the kitchen completely, in fact he would refuse to go in the area when he's there.

Silver also doesn't like my eldest sister's boyfriend every time he comes to visit her. I know him personally, I highly doubt he did something to Silver to make him dislike him because he's a very chill guy, he did tried to approach him with good intentions even greeting him but Silver immediately runs away from him.

I'm not sure if Silver generally dislikes men or he has trauma regarding men.

submitted by /u/monster0sinful
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...