Not looking for a pat on the back, but just wanted to share this to people that would actually understand what I did.

reddit

Registered
Not looking for a pat on the back, but just wanted to share this to people that would actually understand what I did.

My great uncle was a helmsman on the USS Balao the flagship submarine of its class in the Second World War this is actually the boat they used for the film operation petticoat in the early 60s when they painted it pink pretty funny old film if you haven’t seen it, check it out. my uncle and his wife were quite wealthy. He passed a few years before she did, and respecting his service and his memory. I told him I would like his metals, and anything else he had from the service to make sure he would go to the right place.

When he passed away another aunt of mine, who was caring for them, call a day after his funeral, and did not invite me or any of my family, which quite aggravated me, but I let it go and reminded her when aunt Betty passes away pass on his things to me that I requested . Years later, she passed away, and the same happened called me after her funeral, which extremely aggravated me Then I have come to find out underdress. She had her redo her will and write me, and anybody in my family out of it completely. you can understand my anger, but would really enraged me

You can understand my anger, but what really enraged me is that my aunt and my cousin after taking all the money, of course, went through the house to get everything and anything of value, and my cousin took these metals to his house and stored them in his basement for years. So I messaged him pointing out my anger about the entire situation and basically told him you had me written out of the family, so I guess I’ll just do the same to you. Not that you give a shit and by the way, since you have every goddamn thing, I only asked for one which has no monetary value whatsoever. So he had it sent to me ( wow what a nice guy huh?) i’ve contacted several naval museum to see if they would accept it and they don’t do that. I finally contacted the VFW in his hometown and they said they would gladly except his legacy and have a small memorial for him.

submitted by /u/CapIndividual8784
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert