How can I make my two dogs get along?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/AvocadoExotic2004
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/AvocadoExotic2004

I have two dogs. Poppy(an 9yo male Chorky) and Bee(1 and a half yo female mini pin mix). They are both great dogs, but are the complete opposite in personalities. Poppy is a tiny(MAYBE 2-3 pounds) dog who's super sweet but really shy and anxious, while Bee is an absolute crackheaded gargoyle who terrorizes him. She's much younger then him but is also much bigger(he stands at her mid shoulder) and she just physically bullies on him. She's always trying to play rough with him, biting, scratching, jumping, you name it and she's doing it. Obviously Poppy doesn't like this and tries to get away but she just refuses to leave him alone, even when I scold her or try to separate them(she always just immediately comes back). Occasionally Poppy will try to play with me, but Bee always comes in and ruins it by snatching toys from him and quite literally walking on him until he just gives up. It's gotten to the point he just doesn't try playing anymore. You might say that "oh, Bee isn't getting enough stimulation". I play with her Every. day. We play tug of war, fetch, I chase her around the house and she'll chase me, I take her on runs down the street some times, all kinds of shit, but she just never seems to run out of energy! Poppy tries to defend himself and growl or snap, but he doesn't really have any teeth and is not scary in the slightest so it doesn't really do much. The only time she does listen to him is at mealtime, when they both get their food. No matter how far away or where she's located, when I give them their food, Poppy will basically steal hers and not let her eat it until he's finished with his and leaves to do something else(And even comes back sometimes to snap at her when he sees her eating after he's done) and she always waits for him to be done, even though she doesn't listen to him any other time. I don't know what to do, they are the oddest pair I've ever seen. I want to stop this since here lately, Bee is getting even rougher and hurting Poppy to the point that he bleeds or yelps. I've tried just about everything I've seen online and what family members have told me, but nothing seems to work, Bee is just extremely hard headed. Any tips?

submitted by /u/AvocadoExotic2004
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...