Debating Where To Go Summer 2024

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/Forward_Detective_78
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/Forward_Detective_78

I recently got 2 weeks of vacation due to switching jobs and I have flexibility to either take it any 2 week timeframe between early ish June and mid July. So one example is leaving Saturday June 15th and coming back July 1st, which means 14 full days in Europe.

I'm in my mid 20s and just looking to relax after a stressful year. That means I definitely want to have a few days where I can relax on the beach. But I also don't want to do that the whole time or spend all day doing that, so would want to be somewhere that there is more to do. I went to Naxos before and the beaches were beautiful but I got so bored, and there weren't many other solo travelers I met so found it boring. So I flew to Edinburgh on a whim and had the time of my life and met really cool people.

I had a few ideas of where to go: - South of France (i.e. Menton, Avignon), I took French for a couple of years and really enjoyed Paris! - Krakow Poland or Budapest, Hungary (heard both have a lot to do and are solo travel friendly) - A Balkans trip that includes Croatia - Türkiye (I've been to Istanbul, so can see other parts + Turkish coast) - Crete in Greece or any other island - This one is a wildcard, but Uzbekistan. I am fluent in Russian, so there wouldn't be a language barrier

I had a couple of ideas for trips but trying to see if they make any sense:

• Krakow + Budapest + 1 week Greece (Crete maybe or 2 islands in the Cyclades)
  • I'm not really sure, the whole region is interesting for Balkans: Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria (or any Balkan country you recommend that I substitute/add)
  • Whatever I can fit, 2 weeks Türkiye, maybe Greece if I have leftover days
  • South of France + Spain + Portugal

I was looking for advice on what would be a good mix of relaxing/sightseeing. Maybe 70% sightseeing and 30% relaxing.

Thus far, these are the places I have already been to in Europe: London, Edinburgh, Paris, Amsterdam, main cities in Italy, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, a lot of Switzerland, Istanbul, Iceland in December, and Kyiv (pre-war)

Any advice on how I can narrow down my itinerary and help plan my trip is appreciated! I usually have trouble deciding on one location since I want to see so many places and 2 weeks feels like a lot of time but I'm realizing it's not. And also best time to go is appreciated too.

submitted by /u/Forward_Detective_78
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...