Robinhood for long term investors

reddit

Registered
So I started with Vanguard and have been using them for 6 years. I'm a long term investor in Vanguard ETFs and index funds. I currently have about $250K split between a Roth IRA, IRA, and brokerage account. I plan to keep growing past $1M with this strategy.

The current RH incentives have me looking at switching like so many others. I have about $100K in IRAs so that's a free $3K just for switching. Possibly more as it looks like they may be matching other deposits pretty soon. On top of this the ongoing incentives with RH gold should net me at least $250/yr.

I'm extremely happy with Vanguard and curious as to what I'd be losing by switching.

The Vanguard UI/reporting is perfect in my opinion. It very clearly shows investing performance. It shows total deposits, historical gains as a percentage/$ value on a per account basis with various time range options including a custom range option. Buying funds/ETFs is extremely simple as well. It's very much suited to my style of investing. Also I think Vanguard will still be around 30 years from now so I'll still have all that reporting from all the years of investing. This is valuable to me as someone that has goals and likes to track their investments.

My concerns with RH is that it seems to be more suited to short term investing and stock picking. I signed up for an account and the dashboard page is promoting individual stocks and cryptos. I see historical reporting for up to 1Y and ALL, but don't see a custom time range option. I can't access the 'Retirement' tab yet so I'm wondering how the reporting is for those accounts, and if I'll be able to have both an IRA and Roth IRA there.

So what I'm wondering is, has anyone in my type of position switched to RH and how has it gone?

Also, has anyone been with Robinhood for a long time and how is the reporting?

I would like to hear any opinions about RH for long term investors.

submitted by /u/bhcs2014
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Trending Content

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert