Rant about outdoor cat owners

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/macaronibolognese
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/macaronibolognese

I’m not even sure if this post will hold up and might even delete later I just never knew how much this topic angered me until I moved into a neighborhood where every single house cat is an outdoor cat. The pet owners that I realized I can’t stand even more than irresponsible dog owners are outdoor cat owners. ‘Outdoor cat owner’ a cover up term for being a lazy shit cat owner. Your cat is a menace and a problem to everyone else but you. (I have a cat. Harness trained. He begs to be let outside alone, will never let it happen) why? Because of the intense daily cat fights I hear everyday outside my window, or the raccoon vs cat fights I hear at night. I also have to pick up cat shit from my garden on the regular because you’re a lazy shit owner and now I have to do your work.

My upstairs neighbor has a cat that she barely gives a shit about until 11 pm rolls around and he doesn’t return home and suddenly she’s concerned and starts screaming his name out in the yard at night for him to come back. She’s only concerned that he returns home, but the respiratory infection that her cat has had since last year doesn’t seem to bother her at all, because the cat Is never home!

The plethora of missing posters in my neighborhood make me laugh because 1. What did you expect? You let your cat out of course it went missing (this doesn’t apply to cats that run away from home, I know for a fact these cats on missing posters are outdoor cats because the description always says ‘tends to roam around on street blank and street blank’, responds to his name’) And 2. Your cat isn’t missing it just found a better home to live in, probably. I also find it super comical when outdoor cat owners get all righteous about people taking their outdoor cats. ‘You can’t just take someone’s outdoor cat’ Watch me lmao.

Please do better as cat owners, catify your house, play with the damn thing, actually act like you want this pet. Your cat isn’t ‘playing’ outside, it’s picking fights with other cats or raccoons and digging into people’s vegetable gardens and shitting in their yards and probably hanging out with another family because you suck. :)

submitted by /u/macaronibolognese
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...