HELP cut cats nails too short

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/Basic-Molasses-4164
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/Basic-Molasses-4164

Cut cat nail too short

Hi, I just wanted to get some advice on what to do. I was clipping my cats nails today and I cut the first one too short. Started bleeding instantly and I got really worried.

I waited a few hours and then decided to get a styptic powder to stop it from bleeding all together. After I applied it my cat, she didn’t like it and licked it all off. I did this three or four times and then gave up. I just applied hydrogen peroxide to clean it up so it doesn’t get infected and she was okay with that.

She was walking everyone while this was happened and it was super bloody bc she kept licking it. After a while, the bleeding calmed down, since she stopped licking. Now, when I checked it, it’s like “open” but she’s not leaving bloody marks on anything.

Also, I keep her only in my room so it can easily be contained. I can tell she’s in pain, but from my research I’m gonna give it two days for the wound to close up, and then if it doesn’t I’ll take her to the vet. I can’t afford taking her to the vet for everything little thing, but I feel super guilty and it’s hurting me to know she’s in pain.

Any advice would be great. Idek if I’m doing the right thing by waiting but please let me know.

submitted by /u/Basic-Molasses-4164
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert