Why does my cat love me so much?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/izusena
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/izusena

I know this sounds like a bad thing to ask (lol) and while I am very happy she loves me so much, I just don't really understand? All the results I get when I search this up always say they generally gravitate towards whoever looks after their daily needs e.g. feeds them and cleans them litter box but I do none of that. For context, I live with my parents and 2 brothers and my dad is the one who does all of the tasks to look after the cats, and yet shes only bonded to me.

Behaviours I've noticed:

- She can't leave me alone. She screams in my room when I'm not home, screams when she can't find me and waits outside the bathroom door for me and screams at me when I come out before running back to my room, expecting me to chase her. She follows me all around the house. If I go downstairs, she'll come down too and cuddle up to me, and try and get me to run upstairs back to my room with her.

- She's obsessed with my scent. She can only sleep on my clothes, bedsheets, or my personal belongings. When I come out the shower with my wet, clean hair, she goes crazy. In a good way it seems. She nuzzles all over it, purrs really loud, and lets me cuddle my head into her stomach while she keeps her head tucked next to mine.

- She plays with me, which she doesn't like to do with anyone else. She runs expecting me to chase her (she looks back after running for a bit to see if I'm still following and her tail is always up when she does so) and she likes play fighting with me.

- As soon as I wake up she likes to jump up on me and cuddle with me. She likes to cuddle with her head on my chest and the rest of her body snuggled up in my arm.

All of these things she doesn't do with anyone else, not even the man who feeds her and looks after her.

So why does she like me so much? I don't really get it, I mean is it because I just pet her a lot? Even before she became bonded with me, it's not like I was the only one who pet her and played with her. I don't even remember when she became so obsessed with me, I only really became aware of it a few years ago when my parents pointed it out. It may have to do with the fact that when she was younger I would push her around in a stroller, so maybe she feels more connected to me than the others? I don't know.

submitted by /u/izusena
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...