regretful Biopics, in hindsight

Crowded Caribou

Registered
I loved "Skin", a moving feature film, starring Jamie Bell, about the true story of a reformed skinhead wanting to remove his racist tattoos. I really thought it a great experience to watch.

However, I found out later, regretfully, that the skinhead's wife and children moved to Canada, from the witness protection programme, to get away from him. It's been inferred that the skinhead went back to his old ways - unfortunately.

I also enjoyed Michelle Yeoh as Burmese stateswoman, Aung San Suu Kyi, in "The Lady", released in 2011 - a film about her fighting for democracy against the military dictatorship. She eventually became a limited-power leader for the country.

Regretfully came the Myanmar genocide of Rohingya Muslims and refugees in 2017, under her watch. Now I can no longer see the politician in a better light because of events after her biopic.

I think we're better off waiting for the person to die, so we can get the whole picture before making any movies about them.

Any other biographical films that, in hindsight, was unfortunate in being made due to the subsequent actions of the subject?

submitted by /u/bkat004
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...