Planning on waiting out a late hotel check-in airside at Reagan National. Bad idea?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/BigPervyIvanhoe
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/BigPervyIvanhoe

tl;dr = title

Details​

It's been many years since I've traveled and I have a business trip to Washington D.C. Flying into National at noon but my checkin isn't until 4PM (never dawned on me to check that before i booked the flight--too late to change it now). My plan was when I land to just eat lunch airside and then pickup my bags later (I'm guessing it'll be about 45 mins to an hour before I get down to baggage claim). Is this a bad idea? By that I mean:

1. Am I guaranteeing that my bag is going to be lost or stolen?
  2. I know one can't just hang-out in the airport indefinitely but I don't know what the time limit is, so is some airport authority going to give me a hard time for this?

My plan was to eat at the airport and then catch the shuttle to the hotel and wait out the rest of my time in the lobby.

My Reasoning​

1. I checked the map and there is a Starbucks and vending machines past security, hence why I want to stay airside.
  2. As expected, the hotel restaurant looks both underwhelming and overpriced.
  3. Early check-in is a possible option, but the Hyatt won't let me book an early checkin ahead of time (corp booked the room). The only option I have is to show up at the front desk and make sad eyes at them hoping they can hook me up. If they say no, I get to lug my bags around Arlington looking for food or eat at the hotel. I'll take airport food.
submitted by /u/BigPervyIvanhoe
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...