I have never seen something like Liam Neeson's Black Light before

Crowded Caribou

Registered
Black Light holds a 4,8 on IMDB. The trailer lets you assume that this is a generic Liam Neeson action movie so I checked it out to find out why people are especially disappointed by this one, out of all the ones he has done. Sorry for bad english,. I come from germany. Hope you still can understand me.

The movie has a runtime of 100 minutes. I am sixty minutes in. Liam Neeson has done nothing yet. He is the main character but all he has done so far is walk around and talk to two generic sidecharacters about your usual FBI conspiracy plot where the big boss of the FBI is the obvious villain, which, thankfully, the movie does not even try to hide. The action that played out so far is pretty lame. You have a small car chase from the quality of Bond vs Bautista in Spectre, where both cars (a pretty fast car almost losing to a trash Transporter), short fist fights (2/3 without participation of Neeson and the one with Neeson being laughable) and a Neeson-less semi-shootout (can't really call it a shootout but yeah) with guys shooting in the same directions over and over again, ignoring that they hit nothing from their position.

Neeson has some chase scenes on foot but they don't show him running, they always cut away when he starts to move on these occasions. Than they show the character he chases and Neeson just pops up from one of four directions. Neeson also has to deal with some family drama and the actress of his movie daughter is so bad that it even sticks out to me. She sounds as if she is still trying to learn her lines.

Now we have come to a point where, spoiler for everyone intrigued, the only side character that was able to throw some punches in two short sequences is dead. The audience is now trapped with an especially old looking version of Neeson, who does not seem to be all that interested in the script and holds a wooden, boring exposition monologue and a generic journalist character, that tries to figure out everything concerning the FBI conspiracy.

I will be staying for the shootout teased in the trailer. I guess that is the showdown, when Neeson finally does something. The reason Blacklight is unlike everything I have ever seen is because this is a Liam Neeson action vehicle where up to sixty minutes in, Liam Neeson himself does little to no real action.

Yeah, he's ~70 years old now or even older, but if he can't punch the badguys, he could at least still shoot them...

submitted by /u/Phyliinx
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Latest Forum Posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert