Hotel (remote check in, Italy) asking for photos of ID’s to be emailed/texted for verification?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/Full-Estimate1732
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/Full-Estimate1732

Hello! I booked a stay for a hotel in northern Italy for this summer for a rate that was about 30% cheaper for anything of similar quality nearby (this is in Trieste, but don’t want to provide name unless anyone asks for the sake of the hotel in question but can provide in DM if anyone is curious or has any additional input on this

They reached out via email and asked for a photo of both of our ID’s, as they have a remote check in. Normally, this wouldn’t be a huge deal, but again, the hotel was a VERY good price, it’s in a country I’m not super familiar with in terms of hotel norms, and the amount of google reviews or on booking.com are quite a bit less than nearby hotels.

Do I need to be worried about my privacy/safety (don’t wanna have something weird done with my info, or in some extreme case be blackmailed or something)?

Would love some input on this! Again I don’t think there’s anything super weird about this (I suppose I don’t know how else they would go about verifying guest identity) and will probably proceed with this hotel, but just curious if this is a massive red flag for others with a bit more experience with this.

submitted by /u/Full-Estimate1732
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Trending Content

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert