Has anyone with cat knowledge any advise for this situation? We are devastated… :(

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/imcryinginsideiswear
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/imcryinginsideiswear

Hello and a good afternoon cat friends!

I am writing this message out of pure devastation to be honest, I am not sure what and why this is happening and I thought maybe anyone here has an idea or any advice on this…

Backstory: I have a nine year old male cat named Krümel that I love a lot. My male best friend Lukas watched him every now and then since I got him about two years ago. When I was not at home, he watched him, he was at my place all the time and the two had a very close bond, cuddled all the time etc. I met my boyfriend Carl over these two years and we moved together January this year. We also tried to find a companion for Krümel, but the other cat started bullying him sadly even though we tried to let them meet slow as possible, so we couldn’t keep the other cat.

Now to the problem: Since Carl and I moved into the new flat in January, Krümel attacks Lukas when he comes to our home. He NEVER did that and it always comes completely out of the blue. He just really aggressively attacks Lukas and bites him very hard, scratches him and seems very upset suddenly. We just don’t know how to handle this anymore. Krümel doesn’t attack anyone else that comes to our place. Of course Lukas is very scared now and doesn’t like being at our place anymore. I just can’t figure out what this is about and how to bring the two together again, they loved each other so much. Also Lukas was there before I met my bf, and Krümel never once attacked Carl like that. Everything was finde always. Also Lukas and Carl are really good friends. I just don’t understand and of course Lukas ist super sad about this as well, because Krümel and him always had such a strong bond… Maybe anyone knows what could lead to behavior like that and how one should handle these attacks, or the contact in general?

Sorry for the long paragraph and I wish you all and great and sunny day!

submitted by /u/imcryinginsideiswear
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...