Finally got the chance to watch Interstellar in a theater, and now I have to admit that Christopher Nolan was right.

Crowded Caribou

Registered
For quite a while I always figured that watching movies on my 65 inch TV in my living room was good enough to get a good watching experience- lights off, popcorn in a bowl, volume turned up, you get the vibe. That's where I watched Interstellar for the first time years ago- I'll skip what a lot of people have already said: one of the best movies they've ever seen, soundtrack is crazy good, yada yada... and I echo those sentiments. So when I heard Regal was doing a showing of Interstellar, I thought it would be a good chance to see one of my favorite movies again, this time on an even bigger screen. An "Experience" would be an understatement to me- the size of the screen, the sound quality, and the acoustics of the theater all came together to create something more than just what was being shown on screen. For a film I was so intimately familiar with to be shown in a completely new light was awe-inspiring. I knew the plot yet I was still enamored by the story's twists and turns, feeling every emotion shown by the characters on screen. I knew the score yet every beat felt like a new sound to me. So I have to admit, Christopher Nolan was right- you simply won't get everything if you're not in a theater environment, and that's something I didn't understand (and in fact had the opposite opinion on) until yesterday.

submitted by /u/Viruzfree
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Latest Forum Posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert