Etihad Airways Celebrates Captain Shareef Al Romaithi’s Selection for NASA-Supported Mars Simulation Mission

TTW

Registered
Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways is celebrating the selection of Captain Shareef Al Romaithi, a distinguished Etihad pilot, as a primary crew member for the second analog study of the UAE Analog Programme by the Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Centre, in collaboration with NASA’s Human Exploration Research Analog (HERA) Campaign 7 Mission 2. This mission aims to emulate a Mars expedition, where Al Romaithi and his team will live and work in seclusion within the HERA habitat for 45 days.

Starting his journey with Etihad Airways in 2007, Al Romaithi was among the initial group of cadets in Etihad’s cadet pilot program and progressed to become the first cadet to achieve the rank of Captain.

Al Romaithi is well-qualified with a bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering and three master’s degrees in aerospace and aviation management, safety systems, and space operations from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. His dedication to aviation inspired him to continue his education while serving as a pilot, leading to a PhD in aviation, making him the first Emirati and the youngest person globally to receive this degree, achieved with the support of Etihad Airways in 2014 at Embry-Riddle.

Dr. Nadia Bastaki, Chief People and Corporate Affairs Officer said: “We are immensely proud of Shareef’s accomplishments, which hold great significance not only for Etihad but also for the UAE nation and the aviation industry. From the start, Etihad has believed in Shareef’s abilities and his journey from cadet pilot to space explorer is a testament to his exceptional talent and determination. At Etihad we give flight to ambition and this is testimony to that purpose.

“We remain committed to supporting and nurturing national talent and pushing boundaries in the aviation industry. Shareef’s academic foundation, combined with over 16 years of experience flying various aircraft types in the Etihad fleet, has prepared him with the expertise and leadership necessary for his selection as a key crew member for the NASA simulated Mars mission. We stand ready to support Shareef as he embarks on this historic mission.”

With a record of over 9,000 flight hours, Al Romaithi has piloted a variety of aircraft in the Airbus and Boeing fleets at Etihad Airways, showcasing his extensive expertise.

Reflecting on his journey, Captain Shareef Al Romaithi, said: “Choosing to work with Etihad was one of the best decisions I’ve made. Etihad’s ambitious and growing environment allowed me to expand my knowledge and ambitions and provided me with the opportunity to work with a young and technologically advanced fleet. I’m grateful for Etihad for opening the doors for my career and academic pursuits, and for preparing me for this momentous undertaking—shaping my path from the cockpit to space exploration.”

The post Etihad Airways Celebrates Captain Shareef Al Romaithi’s Selection for NASA-Supported Mars Simulation Mission appeared first on Travel And Tour World.

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Trending Content

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert