Ben Campbell Takes the Helm as President and CEO Of Hospitality America Amidst Flourishing Growth

TTW

Registered
Ben Campbell

In 2024, Hospitality America is experiencing a period of robust growth. Following a highly successful year for its hotel partners, Ben Campbell has assumed the role of President and Chief Executive Officer after serving as Chief Operating Officer. Meanwhile, Chris Cargen, the company’s Founder and former CEO, has retired and taken on the position of Chairman of the Board. This transition underscores the firm’s steadfast dedication to ongoing expansion, operational excellence, and forward-looking leadership.

Only a few weeks into his tenure, the 36-year-old CEO is outlining his strategic vision for the company. This vision entails scaling up from 17 hotels to 40 within a decade, broadening the portfolio to encompass more lifestyle and full-service brands, investing in advanced tools and technologies to enhance efficiency and profitability, and continually enriching the acclaimed company culture for the benefit of both employees and guests.

“Ben’s journey to CEO is a testament to his dedication and expertise in the
hospitality industry,” Cargen said. “His experience at every level of the
organization has positioned him to lead Hospitality America’s next chapter. Ben’s strategic vision and
dedication to excellence will continue to position Hospitality America as an industry leader among third-
party operators.”

Swift Ascent to Leadership

Fifteen years ago, Campbell embarked on his journey in the hospitality industry, initially as a Department Manager with Delaware North Companies Inc.He began by assisting at the Carolina Panthers Stadium and later took on the responsibility of managing the company’s Concessions/Catering Departments.Transitioning to the hotel sector, he served as Reservations and Revenue Manager for three Palisociety Hotels before assuming the role of Revenue Manager for OLS Hotels and Resorts (now Springboard Hospitality). In 2015, Campbell joined Hospitality America, starting as Director of Sales. He steadily progressed through various positions, including multiple General Manager roles, until he was ultimately promoted to Regional Director of Operations and subsequently to Chief Operating Officer. It was during his tenure as COO that Campbell began formulating an ambitious vision for the company’s future.

“Throughout my career, I have always strived to be better,” Campbell said. “I firmly believe that when you
see an opportunity, act on it – whether it’s securing third-party management contracts, helping guests, or
recognizing and rewarding employees. Career development is extremely important. If there is one thing I
want to project onto our associates, it’s the importance of learning something new every day. When that

happens, promoting from within the company is a natural progression. While I plan to remain in the CEO
role for quite some time, I would be honored to help grow the next successor.”

Bright Prospects Ahead

After participating in the 35th Annual Hunter Hotel Investment Conference last week, Campbell shared his positive outlook on the hotel industry’s future. He noted that the conference reaffirmed the industry’s promising direction and underscored Hospitality America’s favorable position for growth.

“People feel optimistic,” he said. “The hotel brands are
reporting that their pipeline of units sold is greater than
ever before. That said, there are not as many shovels
in the ground as there could be. We are seeing a
diversity of commercial real estate firms entering the
hospitality space, such as multi-family, and that is
where Hospitality America has a significant advantage.
With Hospitality America, owners and developers get
the scale of a bigger company with the individual
attention of a smaller management company. We bring
financial capabilities, scalability, and ease to just pick
up the phone, call the CEO, and get individual attention.
“On behalf of Hospitality America, I want to express our gratitude for Mr. Cargen’s years of outstanding
leadership and mentorship,” he said. “I’m committed to his legacy, achieving our strategic objectives and
maintaining our position as a top place to work.”

Campbell’s guidance for young individuals stepping into the hotel industry is straightforward: Dedicate yourself to hard work, absorb as much knowledge as possible, and embrace the courage to voice your thoughts and ideas.

The post Ben Campbell Takes the Helm as President and CEO Of Hospitality America Amidst Flourishing Growth appeared first on Travel And Tour World.

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert