Kittens Stuck in floor vent….finally free

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/N3wLif34me
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/N3wLif34me

Please don’t judge me but I have 7 cats but 3 of which were pregnant before I could get them fixed. So yeah I had 5 kittens in one litter and then 1 month later another cat gave birth to 5 kittens and an hour after that my other cat gave birth to 5 kittens. (I live on three acres in a rural area).

The younger ones are about 4 weeks old went to venture off and decided I’m going to follow mom(s) down the vents. Now all my female moms take care of ALL the kittens, they switch off so the others can eat, pee, go outside and bring in rodents for the older kittens to hunt (large eye roll). Well two of those balls off fluff fell down one of the cross sections and I’ve spent 3 hours trying to find ways to help. Considering I can’t maneuver my arm that way unless I broke it in 2 different places, I was giving up hope and was going to call an hvac company, until I read that 4 week old kittens are usually learning to climb. So I cut a piece of towel and then weaved floral wire through it and double wrapped the wire to be a bit thicker.

Now, my thought was if they could either climb up it or just enough I could pull them up. Well it kind of worked. We were making progress and meowing when one of the mamas FINALLY went down and grabbed them.

If you have cats that do the same and get stuck. I would try this way.

submitted by /u/N3wLif34me
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...