Advice on Scotland Travel

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/pauanconab
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/pauanconab

I live in Mexico. I have always dreamed of visiting Scotland, specifically the Highlands area and Edinburgh, and this year for our anniversary, my husband and I have the opportunity to do so. Due to vacation timing, we can only go in mid-October. We already have our plan to travel to Scotland after having been in London. We both know that the best option to explore the Highlands is by car, but neither of us feels comfortable driving. I found some tours that depart from Edinburgh where we could visit Glencoe and Loch Ness, but none (understandably due to distances) take you to the Isle of Skye unless you stay overnight with the group. I managed to put together an itinerary in which, if I take a day off my itinerary in London, I could catch a flight from London to Inverness, spend one night, the next day take a day trip excursion to the Isle of Skye, and the following day catch a direct train to Edinburgh, where we would spend the last 4 nights of our trip before returning home. This would mean 2 full days to explore Edinburgh, and 1 to take a trip to Glencoe and Loch Ness. My question is: Do you think it's worth sacrificing days in London and Edinburgh just to go to Inverness and take a tour to the Isle of Skye?

submitted by /u/pauanconab
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Trending Content

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert