This year, I got rid of gacha gaming. I couldn't express more how truly happy I am.

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/EmiyaShiroko
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/EmiyaShiroko

For context, a few years ago, in late 2010's, I did not have a gaming PC nor budget to buy video games. To compensate, I started played gacha games, mobile games with gacha mechanics. I'm sure most people here know that. I went into gacha gaming since I am an anime fan. I played a lot of gacha games, but the one I played the most was Genshin Impact. Although I did enjoy playing them at first, as the years went by, those kinds of games started wearing me down.

The stamina system, the gacha mechanics, and the lack of content made my experience deteriorate. I am now at the stage where I truly desire to play real games, games that will give you the full experience, games that will give you a sense of completeness, and games that will be worth your time. Those gacha games have never given me the things that I want from a game. After about a five-year span of playing gacha games, I decided to quit for real a few months ago.

My brother bought a new gaming laptop for himself, and he gave his old one to me. While its graphics card is outdated by today's standards (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050), I am still happy that I got a gaming laptop. And at that time, I had enough budget to buy games. I bought four games in Steam that I have really wanted to play since before: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Batman: Arkham Knight, Far Cry 3, and Grand Theft Auto V.

I finished playing the first two games. They are truly memorable experiences for me. Those two games are GOATed for me. I am currently playing Grand Theft Auto V, 19 hours in, and so far, it has been an amazing experience for me. That game has also made me laughed so many times. As for Far Cry 3, it's my first time playing a first-person shooter, and it has been a blast. However, the game keeps on crashing. So I'll put in on hold, and resume after finishing what I am playing right now.

Anyway, those games have completely removed my attachment to gacha games, and my times with those four games are way more enjoyable than my entire 5-year time with gacha games. I want to express my gratitude to the developers for creating those marvelous games. You guys made me truly appreciate gaming. Thanks for reading.

P.S. Currently, I plan to buy BioShock Infinite, Dark Souls, and Sleeping Dogs.

submitted by /u/EmiyaShiroko
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert