sabrina chilling adventure...does it suck?

Vast Vendace

Registered
ok I just started watching this show and I want to like it but I just don't think I do. I'm still continuing to watch it because I think it's a good concept.

my problem is for one I'm not a huge fan of how satanic and evil they make witchcraft out to be but I'm aware it's a show and it's for dramatic effect and what not. im not a satanist by any means but I have more knowledge about the subject than your average person and I don't think it's right to portray it to be so dark. maybe I'm not far enough in yet to see them portray it possibly differently? in other covens that don't use black magic? I'm still in season one so just a speculation.

again, I know it's just a show it's just I guess I would've expected differently from something like sabrina. I understand she's just a teenage but in every other rendition of the show she gets herself into teenage problems. this new show is like major life or death problems.

and my biggest issue is the fact sabrina is just not a good person? like I understand she means well and has good intentions but she has zero awareness for the outcome of her actions. the fact she lies to her friends and basically uses them for whatever situation she created in the first place. I know the whole point is that she's a half witch and has more of a compassionate side and doesn't seem to be to interested in the lifestyle her aunts have her living. but idk you'd think someone with so much power would have a little more self awareness to not rock the boat so much?

I know I'm reading to far into it but her actions just really make it difficult to enjoy the show. I think it really boils down to bad writing and some poor casing choices with a few characters. I'm curious if other people feel this way

submitted by /u/wormsandstrings
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert