Romania trip - ideas?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/economypony
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/economypony

Hello :) I'm planning a trip to Romania (April 30th - May 5th) and I'm looking for some tips to make the most of my time there. I already have a preliminary plan, but I'm open to refining it and discovering hidden gems in Transylvania. My itinerary:

April 30th: Sightseeing in Bucharest after arrival: Stavropoleos Monastery Palace of the Parliament Old Town Herăstrău Park Ceaușescu Family Museum Macca-Vilacrosse Passage Revolution Square Romanian Athenaeum Calea Victoriei (Victory Avenue) Amzei Market Anything we don't have time to see on the first day, we plan to see on the last day.

May 1st: Sinaia: Peleș Castle, Pelișor Castle, Monastery Brașov (overnight stay)

May 2nd: Brașov: Black Church, Tâmpa Mountain, Rasnov, Bran Castle, optional Bear Sanctuary (overnight stay in Brașov)

May 3rd: Sibiu: Grand Market, Council Tower, Liar's Bridge, Cathedral, Strada Balcescu, Church of the Assumption of Mary (overnight stay in Sibiu)

May 4th: Drive to Bucharest with a stop in Curtea de Argeș (Church) Looking for an interesting place to take a break during the long drive Overnight stay in Bucharest

May 5th: Free time in Bucharest Return to Poland at 18:00

I'm looking for your suggestions: What to add to the plan? What interesting places to visit? Where to eat delicious and cheap? What cultural events are taking place during this time? Where to rent a car? Thank you in advance for your help! I would be grateful for any advice.

submitted by /u/economypony
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...