Oman - 11 days itinerary check

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/wfhesksmls2
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/wfhesksmls2

Hi all,

I'm travelling to Oman at the beginning of May for 10 nights / 11 days and would be grateful if someone could take a look at my suggested itinerary and let me know any thoughts.

We will be hiring a car (not a 4x4, so have removed anything from the itinerary that would require one). I can't swim, so activities at the various wadis are limited to just hiking / photos / sticking to the shallow parts of the pools. The main thing I'm after is just seeing as many picturesque sites as possible, finding spots to take good photos, and just generally unwinding. Ideally, I'd want to allocate a reasonable amount of time for each stop on the itinerary, and also allow for stops to take photos etc during the time on the road.

I have not included Ad Dimaniyat Islands since, as mentioned above, as much as this looks gorgeous, I'm a bit nervous around water and don't think snorkeling would be my thing. Very open to have my mind changed though!

Since I won't be doing Jebel Shams and the other parts that require a 4x4, I'm also wondering whether my time in Nizwa and the surrounding areas is overkill? Are the places I've listed all worth seeing? Would it be worth swapping out / adding anything? Any gems that I've missed?

Thanks in advance!

Day 1 - Saturday - Flight arrives early in the morning - Sultan Qaboos Mosque - Check in to hotel - Mutrah Fort - Mutrah Corniche - Mutrah Souq - Stay overnight in Muscat

Day 2 - Sunday - Al Alam Palace - Al Jilali and Al Mirani - Muscat viewpoint - Yitti Beach - Stay overnight in Muscat

Day 3 - Monday - Check out of hotel - Bimmah Sinkhole - Wadi Shab - Check in to hotel at Sur - Sur - explore in evening if arrive before sunset - Stay overnight in Sur

Day 4 - Tuesday - Sunaysilah Castle - Sur Souq - Sur Corniche - Fatah al Khair - Al Ayjah Watchtower - Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve - Stay overnight in Sur

Day 5 - Wednesday - Check out - Wahiba Sands - Overnight stay in desert

Day 6 - Thursday - Wahiba Sands - Overnight stay in desert

Day 7 - Friday - Check out - Wadi Bani Khalid (keeping this here but is it better to do this on the way to Wahiba Sands on day 5 instead?) - Ibra (is this worth the stop? What is there to do/see here?) - Check into hotel at Nizwa

Day 8 - Saturday - Birkat Al Mouz Ruins - Al Hamra Village - Misfat Al Abriyeen (is it possible to see all these places in one day? How long would you spend at each?) - Stay overnight in Nizwa

Day 9 - Sunday - Bahla Fort - Jabreen Castle - Nizwa Fort - Nizwa Souq (is it possible to see all these places in one day? How long would you spend at each?) - Stay overnight in Nizwa

Day 10 - Monday - Check out - Drive back to Muscat - Check in - Royal Opera House - Shatti Al Qurum Beach - Stay overnight in Muscat

Day 11 - Tuesday - Check out - Sultan Qaboos Mosque (again) - Bandar Al Khairan - anything else? - Flight is late at night at 1am so will leave to go to the airport after dinner

submitted by /u/wfhesksmls2
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Trending Content

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert