How do you deal with "travel fatigue" while still travelling?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/digitalnomadgoal
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/digitalnomadgoal

I absolutely love travelling which is why I saved up, quit my job, and am travelling until I run out of money. I'm six months into an amazing time in South America and still could go on for a few more months financially. However, I'm getting increasingly travel-fatigued, especially in cities. I'm a very introverted, very easily overstimulated person. However, I love nature so much that it makes me love travelling. Still, spending a whole week in my room and scrolling on my phone in a quiet, low-stimulation environment sounds like an absolute dream right now. I've done this for a day, but I'm still kind of fatigued/overstimulated. On the other hand, I have Galapagos booked and want to end my trip with hiking Acatenango and there's nothing better to me than experiencing beautiful nature, so I'm torn.

What do you do against travel fatigue despite loving travelling and wanting to go on? By "travel fatigue" I mostly mean a yearning for comfort, consistency, and low stimulation, and a certain reluctance to want to be on the go for yet another day.

Thank you

submitted by /u/digitalnomadgoal
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert