ARMY / WAIVER

reddit

Registered
This will be long sorry

So ive been heavily thinking about the Army over the past 3-4months and I had a question about a medical thing I got, I unfortunately have Tourette’s and have contacted a recruiter about joining etc and haven’t heard much back over the past 5 days or so (not sure how long it takes to find out , maybe i should wait longer?). The case with my Tourette’s is I’ve never taken medicine or anything of that nature to calm it or whatever. It was never bad enough at all to the point where I needed it even as a kid. The only reason I’m bringing it up to them is because i went to my doctor when I was a kid, maybe 11-12 years ago and they suggested that’s what it could be so i would assume it’s in the medical record somewhere and I don’t want to lie and it have it bite me in the ass in the future. As I grew older it started to affect me less and less to the point where I forget I even have it, as dumb as that sounds. I’ve done sports all through my life, I got out of high school and was doing CrossFit training locally for couple years til I moved and have never had an issue being pushed to my limit. I get the military is a whole different ball game with stress and limit but I’m just saying. My case is no where near what you see on the internet, I am a completely normal person. I know there are some recruiters on here that could give some feedback, I’m just currently in a pickle and will be in between jobs within the next month or so and i kinda want a firm answer i guess. I don’t want to go to another recruiter near me and waste his/her time at all if this one doesn’t reply. I do want a combat role, I’ve been really thinking of going Opt 40, I’ve been busting my ass these past 2-3 months to get up to standard with the Ranger PT & AFCT and i will continue to do so. I’m 110% dedicated to this, It’s all I’ve been thinking about but im getting a little discouraged cause it’s not looking good.. Am i F’d?

Should i just give up on this military path and move onto something else? Appreciate you guys for any feedback

submitted by /u/niccona
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert