Advice on traveling to Italy (2 week trip in September: Rome -> Sardinia -> [?] -> Venice)

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/o-rka
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/o-rka

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Italy in September for 2 weeks. We are flying into Rome then we plan to go to Sardinia. After that we were trying to decide between either Cinque Terre or Lake Como then finally ending in Venice where we are going to fly out back to San Diego.

I'm curious how much an effort it is to get to Lake Como from any major airport or by train. We will be flying from Sardinia to our next destination and then taking the train from that destination to Venice.

What about Cinque Terre? It looks like it's more accessible from Pisa than Lake Como is from any major airports but I also have no idea.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, if there are any other spots that you feel would be a good alternative to either spots then please share.

Our vibe is very chill. We are looking for mild hikes, beautiful views, good food that isn't crazy expensive, and cool architecture but not necessarily museums and preferably not huge crowds unless it's really worth it.

submitted by /u/o-rka
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...